Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
NOTE: Install thrust washer with "X" mark facing away
7. Install thrust washer over lower idler gear (C) and
8. Lubricate and install cap screw through idler shaft into
threaded leg of oil pump housing and finger tighten
C--Lower Idler Gear
9. Turn left (injection pump side) balancer shaft so timing
mark on gear is aligned with JD254A Timing Tool (A).
10. Install oil pump gear. Finger tighten gear retaining
11. Recheck gear timing for both balancer shafts.
Continued on next page