1. Remove O-ring from pump housing and cylinder block
(for outlet tube).
2. Remove O-ring from oil pick-up tube.
3. Clean oil pump parts in solvent. Dry with compressed
4. Inspect pick-up tube. Check flange-to-pick-up tube
weld for cracks. If cracks or other defects are found,
replace pick-up tube. See REPLACE OIL PUMP
PICK-UP TUBE ASSEMBLY, earlier in this group.
ASSEMBLE ENGINE OIL PUMP
IMPORTANT: Lubricate gears and shaft with clean
engine oil before assembling.
1. Install new O-ring (B) in pump cover (F).
2. Put idler gear (D) and drive gear (E) in pump housing