REMOVE WATER MANIFOLD/THERMOSTAT
COVER AND THERMOSTAT
NOTE: On some engines, the water manifold/thermostat
housing is an integral part of the cylinder head.
1. Partially drain coolant from system.
2. Remove thermostat cover-to water pump tube (A) and
CAUTION: Explosive release of fluids from
pressurized cooling system can cause serious
burns. Do not drain coolant until coolant
temperature is below operating temperature.
Always loosen cooling system filler cap,
radiator cap, or drain valve slowly to relieve
3. Visually inspect area around water manifold/thermostat
cover for leaks.
4. Remove water manifold/thermostat cover (B) with
5. Remove thermostat.
6. Remove and discard all gasket material. Clean gasket
7. Clean and inspect cover for cracks or damage.