ASSEMBLE WATER PUMP
1. Thoroughly clean and inspect water pump mounting
surface in timing gear cover before installing water
2. Using appropriate snap ring pliers, install external snap
ring (C) into groove in shaft (B).
3. Using appropriate driver which bears on inner bearing
race, install bearing (A) onto shaft against snap ring.
IMPORTANT: Do not push against end of bearing
shaft. Push against outer race only,
when installing bearing and shaft
assembly into housing.
4. Using JDG956 Water Pump Bearing Installer (D),
install bearing and shaft assembly into housing until it
bottoms in housing bore.
5. Install large internal snap ring into groove in front bore
of pump housing.
NOTE: Water pumps have a unitized (one-piece) water
6. Using installation tool provided in seal kit, install seal
(dry) onto water pump shaft and into housing until it is
D--JDG956 Water Pump Bearing Installer
Continued on next page