ADJUST TURBOCHARGER WASTEGATE
1. Loosen jam nut (A).
2. Disconnect hose and pressurize actuator to 12 psi and
3. Push bypass lever (D) as far as possible toward the
actuator and apply pressure to keep lever in that
IMPORTANT: Twisting or forcing the entire rod in or
damage to engine from overboost.
4. Turn rod end (B) in either direction until rod eye can
just be slipped over bypass lever pin. Loosen rod end
an additional half turn, install onto pin and secure with
retainer clip (C). Release pressure on actuator.
5. Pressurize the actuator to 12 psi. Measure the end
play with a dial indicator, moving the bypass assembly
back and forth in a direction perpendicular to the
actuator rod. End play should be within specifications
listed. If necessary to adjust, set end play at 0.38 mm
Actuator End Play .................................... 0.05--0.056 mm (0.002--0.022
6. Vary the pressure from 9--12 psi. a few times to verify
smooth and free operation of the bypass assembly.
7. Attach hose to actuator and secure with hose clamp.