4. Inspect roller (A) OD for excessive wear. Be sure roller
turns freely on pin (B) and in tappet (C).
5. Inspect sliding blocks (D). Edges should be square and
unpitted. Blocks should slide in and out of tappet
6. Inspect tappet for wear and scoring. Remove any
deposits with a suitable solvent.
Be sure land on tappet that contacts pressure spindle
is flat and undamaged.
D--Sliding Block (2 used)
7. Inspect pressure spindle (A) and plunger (B) for pits
and burrs. Replace parts as necessary.
8. Inspect spring (C) for cracks and distortion. Replace
parts as necessary.
Continued on next page