Fuel System Operation and Tests
CHECK AND ADJUST SLOW IDLE SPEED--
CAUTION: ALWAYS STOP ENGINE before
IMPORTANT: Minor adjustment of the slow idle speed
may be made with the (bumper) spring
screw. However, it should not be used
by itself to change engine speed more
than 50 rpm, as overspeeding of the
engine may result.
A--Slow Idle Stop Screw
If slow idle stop screw and bumper
B--(Bumper) Spring Screw
spring screw are not adjusted
according to instruction, engine
damage could result because of
NOTE: Both the slow idle stop screw (A) and the
(bumper) spring screw (B) may be used to adjust
the slow idle speed.
1. With the engine running, pull the governor control lever
rearward to the slow idle speed position. Check and
adjust slow idle speed to specification.
NOTE: For each application, refer to the appropriate
machine technical manual for slow idle speed
2. Remove slow idle stop screw cover.
3. Loosen lock nut (C) and back out the (bumper) spring
adjusting screw (B) three turns.
4. Loosen lock nut (D) and adjust slow idle stop screw (A)
to obtain an idle speed 30--50 rpm less than the
desired slow idle speed setting.
5. Turn the (bumper) spring adjusting screw in to increase
engine speed a maximum of 30--50 rpm to desired
slow idle speed.
Continued on next page