AIR INTAKE SYSTEM LEAKAGE TEST
1. Remove air cleaner cover. Remove primary filter
2. Put a large plastic bag inside and over end of element
as shown. Install element and cover.
3. Remove fitting for start aid nozzle from intake manifold.
4. Install the JDG51 Inlet Air Adapter (A).
5. Connect air pressure regulator to adapter using hose
IMPORTANT: Plastic bag could be drawn into the
engine causing damage if engine starts.
Do not start the engine when turning
the engine crankshaft to close valves.
6. Pressurize air intake system to 14--21 kPa (0.14--
0.21 bar) (2--3 psi). If intake system cannot be
pressurized, turn engine crankshaft slightly to close
A--JDG51 Inlet Air Adapter
Pressure ....................................................... 14--21 kPa (0.14--0.21 bar)
7. Spray a soap solution over all connections from the air
cleaner to turbocharger and intake manifold. Check for
leaks. Correct all leaks
8. Install plug.