R134A COMPRESSOR OIL CHARGE CHECK
3. Flush the complete system with TY16134 air
Remove compressor if R134a leakage was detected
conditioning flushing solvent.
and repaired. See Remove and install Compressor in
4. If the compressor is serviceable, pour flushing
solvent in the manifold ports and internally wash out
Drain oil from the compressor and record the amount.
the old oil.
(See Compressor Oil Removal procedure in this
5. Install a new receiver-dryer.
NOTE: Drain oil and save if this is a new compressor.
6. Install required amount of TY22025 refrigerant oil in
the compressor. (See R134a Component Oil
If the oil drained from a compressor removed from
Charge procedure in this group.)
operation is very black or the amount of oil is less than
6 mL (0.2 fl oz), perform the following:
7. Connect all components, evacuate and charge the
1. Remove and discard the receiver-dryer.
2. Remove, clean, but do not disassemble the
R134A COMPRESSOR OIL REMOVAL
1. Remove compressor from machine. (See Remove and
Install Compressor In This Group.)
2. Remove inlet/outlet manifold from compressor, and
clutch dust cover.
3. Drain oil into graduated container while rotating
4. Record measured oil and discard oil properly.
5. Install new oil. (See R134a Component Oil Charge in
6. Install compressor. See Remove and Install
Compressor in this group.