REPAIR CRACKED CUTTING EDGE
2. For any crack in cutting edge, clean the area to find
IMPORTANT: Electrical current traveling from the
end of crack.
welder through the machine's
electrical system may damage the
3. Drill a small hole at end of crack to prevent
electrical system, including the
battery, and the engine and pump
controller. Before welding on the
4. Grind a V-groove along crack on top and bottom of
machine, the battery ground cable
and wiring harness connectors to
the engine and pump controller must
5. Preheat the cracked area to approximately
be disconnected to protect the
machine's electrical system.
6. Fill the V-grooves with weld. Use E7018 electrodes.
1. Disconnect the battery ground strap and the wiring
Extend the weld approximately 13 mm (0.5 in.)
harness connectors to the engine and pump
beyond end of crack.
controller. (See Welding on Machine in this group.)