Mechanical Drive Elements
INSTALL SWING BEARING UPPER SEAL
1. Remove upperstructure. (See Remove Upperstructure
Procedure in this group.)
2. Remove old seal (A).
3. Scrape old adhesive from seal groove.
Thoroughly clean seal groove and new seal using cure
4. Apply instant gel adhesive sparingly to seal groove.
5. Install seal with lip against inner bearing race.
Start about 76 mm (3 in.) from end of seal using a
blunt instrument to force seal into groove. Push seal in
direction of portion already installed to avoid stretching
6. Before bringing ends of seal together, cut off excess
7. Apply adhesive to both ends of seal. Push ends into
seal groove making sure they come together.
IMPORTANT: To avoid pulling seal out of groove,
adhesive must cure for at least 24
hours before using swing function.
8. Let adhesive cure for at least 24 hours before using