UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Clean Quick-Disconnect Hitch Cavity and
Grease Safety Lock Pin
(1) Remove quick-disconnect hitch cover by
removing four cap screws and washers.
(2) Clean dirt and debris from quick-disconnect
(3) Apply grease to safety lock pin tube until
grease is visible at ends of tube (see Fuels and
(4) Install hitch cover.
Check Quick-Disconnect Hitch for Loose Bolts and Nuts
(1) Ensure that all bolts are within proper torque
Check Arctic Starter Glow Pin
(1) Check glow pin for wear or damage. Replace if
Check Arctic Starter Coolant Hoses and Clamps
Any Class III leak evident
(1) Check coolant hoses for wear, cracking, or
leaks. Replace if necessary.
(2) Check clamp tightness and for wear or damage.
Replace if necessary.
Check All Arctic Starter Electrical Lines and Connections
(1) Visually check all electrical lines and
connections for corrosion. Replace if
Change Engine Oil and Replace Filter
NOTE: If fuel sulfur content exceeds 0.5
percent, change the engine oil at 1/2 the
NOTE: If the engine has not run 250 hours
before the season changes, change oil.
(1) Run engine to warm oil.