UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(11) Turn filter (B) counterclockwise to remove.
Clean mounting surface on base.
(12) Apply a thin film of oil to rubber gasket of new
(13) Install new filter. Turn filter clockwise by hand
until gasket touches mounting surface.
(14) Tighten filter 1/2--3/4 turns more.
(15) Install drain plug or close drain valve.
(16) Remove fill cap (C).
(17) Fill engine with oil (see Fuels and Lubricants,
Oil Capacity With Filter Change
19 L (20 qt)
(18) Install fill cap.
(19) Start engine.
NOTE: Engine oil pressure indicator on
monitor must go out within 15--20 seconds. If
not, stop the engine immediately and find the
(20) Stop engine. Check oil level.
(21) Check for any leakage at filter. If so, tighten
filter just enough to stop leakage and repeat
steps 19 through 21.