UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(8) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
(9) Lubricate swing bearing with 10 shots of grease
at both grease fittings.
(10) Start engine. Raise bucket several inches off the
ground and rotate the upperstructure 45
(11) Repeat steps 2 through 9 three times.
NOTE: It is not necessary to start the engine
the last time.
Grease Swing Bearing Gear
WARNING: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement if another
person moves controls. One person must do
lubricating of swing bearing gear and rotating
the upperstructure. Before you lubricate
swing bearing gear clear area of all personnel.
(1) Use a wrench to remove access cover (A) to