UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(3) Lower bucket to the ground.
(4) Turn auto-idle switch off.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(5) Run engine with rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
(6) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
(7) Turn key switch to OFF. Remove key from
(8) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(9) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
WARNING: High-pressure release of oil from
pressurized system can cause serious burns or
penetrating injury. The hydraulic tank is
pressurized. Do not remove vent plug (A).
Release pressure by loosening vent plug.
(10) Loosen vent plug (A) to release hydraulic