LOADING MACHINE ON A TRAILER
WARNING: The M870 and M870A1 trailers may
be used to haul/transport the John Deere
Hydraulic Excavator Model 330LCR providing
the following precautions are adhered to:
· Position the longitudinal centerline of the
hydraulic excavator as near as possible over
the longitudinal centerline of the trailer, i.e.,
overhang of the hydraulic excavator tracks to
be equal on both left and right outriggers.
· An M870 or M870A1 trailer shall be limited to
primary and secondary roads (paved and
gravel) when hauling a hydraulic excavator.
· The truck/tractor shall reduce its top speed
by 50% when hauling an M870 or M870A1
trailer loaded with a hydraulic excavator.
· An M870 or M870A1 trailer loaded with a
hydraulic excavator shall not be operated on
roads with side slopes greater than 10%.
1. Keep trailer bed clean.
2. Put chocks against trailer wheels.
3. Use a ramp or loading dock. Ramps must be strong
enough and have a low angle of 10--15°.
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement. Turn auto-idle
switch off and turn H/P mode switch off when
loading or unloading the machine.
4. Turn auto-idle switch off and turn H/P mode switch off.
5. Load and unload machine on a level surface.
6. Drive machine onto ramps slowly.
7. The centerline of the machine should be over the
centerline of the trailer.
8. Position bucket with flat surface resting on trailer.
Angle (A) of arm to boom should be 90°.
Continued on next page