Maintenance--Every 500 Hours
GREASE SWING BEARING
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement if controls are
moved by another person. Lubricating swing
bearing and rotating the upperstructure must be
done by one person. Before you lubricate swing
bearing, clear the area of all persons.
1. Park machine on a level surface.
2. Lower bucket to the ground.
3. Turn auto-idle switch off.
IMPORTANT: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
4. Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position without
load for 2 minutes.
5. Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
6. Turn key switch to OFF. Remove key from switch.
7. Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right control
8. Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked position.
9. Lubricate swing bearing with ten shots of grease at
10. Start engine. Raise bucket several inches off the
ground and turn upperstructure 45 degrees.
11. Repeat steps 2--9 three times.
NOTE: It is not necessary to start the engine the last