PRECAUTIONS FOR ALTERNATOR AND REGULATOR
6. Connect batteries or a booster battery in the correct
When batteries are connected, follow these rules:
polarity (positive [+] to positive [+] and negative [-]
to negative [-]).
1. Disconnect negative (-) battery cable when you
7. Do not disconnect the batteries when engine is
running and alternator is charging.
8. Disconnect battery cables before you connect
battery charger to the batteries.
3. Be sure alternator wires are correctly connected
BEFORE you connect batteries.
5. Do not disconnect or connect any alternator or
regulator wires while batteries are connected or
while alternator is operating.