PREVENT ACID BURNS
Sulfuric acid in battery electrolyte is poisonous. It is strong
enough to burn skin, eat holes in clothing, and cause
blindness if splashed into eyes.
Avoid the hazard by:
Filling batteries in a well-ventilated area.
Wearing eye protection and rubber gloves.
Avoiding breathing fumes when electrolyte is added.
Avoiding spilling or dripping electrolyte.
Use proper jump start procedure.
If you spill acid on yourself:
1. Flush your skin with water.
2. Apply baking soda or lime to help neutralize the acid.
3. Flush your eyes with water for 15--30 minutes. Get
medical attention immediately.
If acid is swallowed:
1. Do not induce vomiting.
2. Drink large amounts of water or milk, but do not
exceed 2 L (2 quarts).
3. Get medical attention immediately.