CHECK BATTERY ELECTROLYTE LEVEL
CAUTION: Battery gas can explode. Keep
sparks and flames away from batteries. Use a
flashlight to check battery electrolyte level.
Never check battery charge by placing a metal
Always remove grounded (-) battery clamp first
and replace it last.
Sulfuric acid in battery electrolyte is poisonous.
It is strong enough to burn skin, eat holes in
clothing, and cause blindness if splashed into
Avoid the hazard by:
1. Filling batteries in a well-ventilated area.
3. Avoiding breathing fumes when electrolyte is
4. Avoiding spilling or dripping electrolyte.
5. Use proper jump start procedure.
If you spill acid on yourself:
1. Flush your skin with water.
2. Apply baking soda or lime to help neutralize
3. Flush your eyes with water for 10--15
minutes. Get medical attention immediately.
If acid is swallowed:
1. Drink large amounts of water or milk.
2. Then drink milk of magnesia, beaten eggs, or
3. Get medical attention immediately.
1. Remove hold-down clamps.
2. Remove battery covers.
Continued on next page