EXCAVATOR DIAGNOSTICS PROGRAM
NOTE: The laptop cannot be connected to excavator
system without 5 volts from the system supply. If
laptop cannot establish a successful RS232
connection, check for approximately 5 volts on
any of the 5-volt sensor's power wire. A grounded
5-volt sensor power wire will prevent a successful
RS232 connection. Without system 5-volt supply,
RS232 connection is disabled.
Most software problems can be solved by the following:
· Is the key switch on the excavator turned on?
· Are the connectors push in all of the way?
· Is the software connected? If communication is
broken momentarily between the computer and the
engine and pump controller?
· Is the program in the Main Mode or Service Mode?
The program will tell you the current mode in the
Status Bar at the bottom of window. If it is not in one
of these modes you need to click on Connection
2. Turn key switch Off. Wait for 10 seconds.
3. Turn key switch ON.
NOTE: Disconnect and Connect does NOT mean to
unplug and plug in computer cable.
4. Click on Disconnect and Connect under the
5. Try again.