CAUTION: DO NOT heat oil over 182°C (360°F).
Oil fumes or oil can ignite above 193°C (380°F).
Use a thermometer. DO NOT allow a flame or
heating element to come in direct contact with
the oil. Heat the oil in a well-ventilated area.
Plan a safe handling procedure to avoid burns.
6. Heat bearing cone (B). Install cone tight against
shoulder. Cone is a press fit.
Temperature ......................................................... 50--70°C (122--158°F)
IMPORTANT: O-ring and seat surfaces for O-ring
must be clean, dry, and oil free so
O-ring does not slip.
7. Thoroughly clean O-ring and seat surfaces in housing
and seal ring using volatile, non-petroleum base
solvent and lint-free tissues.
NOTE: A volatile, non-petroleum base solvent or talcum
powder can be used as a lubricant. Solvent must
not damage the O-ring or leave an oil residue.
8. Apply equal pressure with fingers at four equally
spaced points on seal face surface. Seal ring and
O-ring must "pop" down into place so O-ring is tight
against seal bore and seal is installed squarely.
9. Wipe finger prints and foreign material off seal face
using clean oil and lint-free tissues.
10. Apply a thin film of oil on seal face.
A--Metal Face Seal
Continued on next page