Removal and Installation
3. Disconnect fuel delivery lines from injection nozzles.
Lift injection line assembly from engine.
4. Disconnect fuel leak-off line from injection nozzle
leak-off connectors. Remove complete leak off
5. Remove packing (C) and line nuts (B) from each
leak-off connector. Discard packing.
6. Remove leak off connector (A) with O-ring from each
NOTE: The socket portion of JDE92 Nozzle Wrench (A)
may be used to remove nozzles from cylinder
7. If JDE92 Nozzle Wrench is not used, use a 24 mm
(15/16 in.) deep socket on nozzle gland nut to remove
nozzles. Gland nut will act as a jack screw to raise
nozzle out of cylinder head bore. Remove hardened
steel washer from injection nozzle bore if it does not
come out with nozzle.
8. To prevent debris from entering combustion chamber
after nozzles are removed, insert a 12.7 mm (1/2 in.)
A--JDE92 Nozzle Wrench
hardwood dowel in nozzle bore.