Engine Rebuild, Break-In, and Tune-Up
CHECK AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
1. Replace air cleaner primary filter element. (See
operator's manual.) Replace secondary element if
primary element has holes in it.
2. Check condition of air intake hose(s). Replace hoses
that are cracked, split, or otherwise in poor condition.
3. Check hose clamps (A) for tightness. Replace clamps
that cannot be properly tightened. This will help
prevent dust from entering the air intake system which
Air Intake Hose Clamps
could cause serious engine damage.
CHECK EXHAUST SYSTEM
1. Inspect exhaust system for leaks or restrictions. Check
manifold for cracks. Repair or replace as necessary.
2. Check that turbocharger-to-exhaust elbow adapter
clamps are securely tightened and do not leak.
3. Check exhaust stack for evidence of oil leakage past
valve stem seals.
Oil in exhaust stack may be caused by excessive valve
stem-to-guide clearance or excessive light load engine