Cylinder Head and Valves
COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY ON EXHAUST
MANIFOLD SIDE OF ENGINE
NOTE: APPLY PT569 NEVER-SEEZ® Compound or
equivalent to all turbocharger cap screws.
NEVER-SEEZ® is not needed on exhaust manifold
cap screws. Guide studs may be used to aid
1. Install intake manifold (B) using new gaskets. Tighten
cap screws to 47 N·m (35 lb-ft).
2. Install a new sealing ring (A) in groove of rear exhaust
3. Assemble front exhaust manifold (D) and rear exhaust
4. Install exhaust manifold assembly using new gaskets
and guide studs. Tighten cap screws to 47 N·m (35
5. Install turbocharger using a new metal gasket. Apply
PT569 NEVER-SEEZ® Compound and tighten cap
screws to 24 N·m (18 lb-ft).
6. Connect turbocharger oil return pipe to turbocharger
using a new gasket. Tighten cap screws to 27 N·m
Sealing Ring in Exhaust Manifold
7. Connect turbocharger oil inlet and tighten securely.
8. If engine oil was drained from crankcase, install new oil
C--Rear Exhaust Manifold
D--Front Exhaust Manifold
filter and fill with clean oil of correct grade and
viscosity. (See DIESEL ENGINE OIL in Group 02.)
9. Fill cooling system with clean coolant. (See ENGINE
COOLANT SPECIFICATIONS in Group 02.)
10. Perform engine break-in. (See PERFORM ENGINE
BREAK-IN, later in this group.)
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of Emhart Chemical Group.