TO REMOVE WEAR SLEEVE USING JDG786:
1. Start fully threaded centering screw (A) through hex
head end of puller (B) from JDG786 Front Wear
Sleeve Puller until head of screw is approximately 1/2
in. from hex on puller.
2. Thread centering screw into nose of crankshaft until it
bottoms. Back screw out one full turn after it bottoms.
Assembling Puller to Remove Front Wear Sleeve
3. Tighten puller until it is securely threaded onto wear
sleeve. Back centering screw out one full turn and
tighten threaded puller onto wear sleeve again.
4. Remove centering screw from nose of crankshaft and
Installing Puller to Remove Front Wear Sleeve
5. Install partially threaded forcing screw (A) into puller
and tighten until bottoms in nose of crankshaft. There
in no thread engagement in crankshaft; just with puller.
6. Continue to tighten forcing screw until puller and wear
sleeve are free from crankshaft flange.
7. Inspect crankshaft flange for nicks or burrs. Clean up
flange with a light file and emery cloth.
8. Measure front oil seal bore runout in timing gear cover.
Maximum allowable runout is 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
Removing Front Wear Sleeve
Continued on next page