INSTALL CRANKSHAFT FRONT OIL SEAL
(WITH TIMING GEAR COVER INSTALLED ON
IMPORTANT: Whenever front oil seal is replaced, the
wear sleeve MUST also be replaced.
1. Place JDG720-2 Seal Protector (A) on nose of
crankshaft. Lubricate I.D. of front oil seal lips with clean
engine oil. Slide seal with spring side of seal facing
engine onto seal protector. Be careful not to roll oil
Protector for Installing Front Oil Seal
2. Place JDG720-5 Seal Installer onto seal protector
against seal. Do not use spacer ring provided with tool
3. With nut and washer installed onto JDG720-1 Forcing
Screw, thread forcing screw into nose of crankshaft
until it bottoms.
4. Tighten nut against crossplate of installer until installer
bottoms onto front face of timing gear cover.
5. Remove installation tools. Verify seal is installed
Installing Front Oil Seal
square in bore and that seal lips are not rolled on wear
Oil seal should be 8.9 mm (0.35 in.) below front lip of