INSTALL VIBRATION DAMPER
NOTE: On engines with dual dampers, ALWAYS replace
both dampers as a matched set.
1. Install crankshaft Woodruff key with tab facing toward
front of engine and key firmly seated in keyway.
Position damper (B) onto crankshaft.
IMPORTANT: Always use new cap screws when
2. Use hardened washer (part of damper assembly) and
insert a cap screw that is 25 mm (1 in.) longer than
original cap screw (A). Tighten cap screw until it just
3. Remove cap screw and install original cap screw with
same hardened washer.
Installing Vibration Damper
4. Tighten cap screw to 230 N·m (170 lb-ft).
5. Install crankshaft pulley (if equipped) to damper.
Tighten cap screws to 70 N·m (52 lb-ft). (On single
dampers for gen-set engines, tighten cap screws to 61
N·m (45 lb-ft).
NOTE: On later engines, damper and pulley are a