Camshaft and Timing Gear Train
REMOVE CAMSHAFT GEARS
IMPORTANT: Prevent camshaft from striking floor
when pushing camshaft nose out of
gear. Camshaft may be damaged if it is
allowed to fall to the floor.
NOTE: Camshaft gears are pressed onto the camshaft.
Removal of gears from camshaft will require
approximately a 10-ton press.
1. Support outer camshaft gear (A) in a press.
2. Remove outer gear from camshaft.
3. Support inner camshaft gear (B) in a press.
4. Remove inner gear from camshaft.
Removing Outer Camshaft Gear
5. Clean camshaft and gears in solvent. Dry with
Removing Inner Camshaft Gear