Camshaft and Timing Gear Train
COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY
1. Install a new crankshaft front wear sleeve and oil seal.
(See INSTALL CRANKSHAFT FRONT OIL SEAL
(WITH TIMING GEAR COVER INSTALLED ON
ENGINE, in Group 15.)
2. Connect the magnetic speed sensor wiring lead.
3. Install crankshaft vibration damper. (See INSTALL
VIBRATION DAMPER in Group 15.)
4. Install valve train and rocker arm assembly. (See
Group 05, Cylinder Head Valves.)
5. Install oil pan using a new gasket or install engine into
vehicle if equipped with a structural oil pan. (See
Group 20, Lubrication System.) Fill engine with clean
6. Perform engine break-in as required. (See PERFORM
ENGINE BREAK-IN, Group 04.)