IMPORTANT: Normally the set screw (A) should NOT
be adjusted; but if the set screw is
altered, the following steps should be
1. Assemble drive gear and idler gear into pump housing.
2. Install oil pump cover (B) and tighten cover-to-housing
cap screws to 41 N·m (30 lb-ft).
3. Tighten set screw until it contacts idler shaft.
4. Continue to hold set screw and tighten lock nut (C) to
8 N·m (6 lb-ft). Do not overtighten set screw or lock
Inspecting Pump Drive Gear
5. Spin drive gear by hand to assure shaft turns freely in
housing. Readjust set screw if shaft does not turn