INSTALL ENGINE OIL PAN
Installing Engine Oil Pan
A--Oil Pan Gasket
NOTE: Locate rear of oil pan flush to ± 0.05 mm
All oil pan and cylinder block (including timing gear
(0.002 in.) with rear face of cylinder block.
cover and rear seal housing) gasket sealing surfaces
MUST BE free of gasket material or oil, and dry.
5. Carefully install oil pan (B) on cylinder block and
1. Apply a thin layer of PERMATEX Aviation
tighten all oil pan-to-cylinder block cap screws as
(Form-A-Gasket No. 3, TY6299) at timing gear
cover-to-cylinder block mating surfaces.
a. First tighten 1/2-inch cap screws to 156 N·m
2. Apply a thin layer of PERMATEX Aviation
(Form-A-Gasket No. 3, TY6299) at rear oil seal
b. Next tighten 3/8-inch cap screws to 68 N·m (50
housing-to-cylinder block mating surfaces.
3. Position new oil pan gasket (A) on cylinder block.
6. Trim oil pan gasket flush at rear surface of cylinder
block and oil pan.
4. Apply a thin layer of PERMATEX Aviation
(Form-A-Gasket No. 3, TY6299) to gasket at same
7. Retighten all oil pan cap screws as follows:
location as cylinder block in Step Nos. 1, 2 above.
PERMATEX is a trademark of Loctite Corp.
Continued on next page