TIGHTEN CAP SCREWS ON FRONT
FRAME/OIL SUMP (8000 SERIES TRACTORS)
NOTE: Refer to illustration on following page.
1. Be sure all four sump-to-block locating dowels are in
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply gasket sealant to gasket,
front frame/oil sump, trimmed edges of
timing gear cover gasket, oil seal
housing gasket, or cylinder block
mating surfaces. Before installing
engine, be sure mating surfaces of
engine and front frame/oil sump are
clean and dry.
2. Install front frame/oil sump-to-cylinder block gasket.
3. Carefully lower engine block onto front frame/oil sump
4. Install all 3/8 in. and 1/2 in. cap screws in their
appropriate locations as shown by A-F.
5. Tighten all 1/2 in. cap screws to 133 N·m (98 lb-ft).
Tighten all 3/8 in. cap screws to 58 N·m (43 lb-ft).
6. Re-tighten all 3/8 in. cap screws to 58 N·m (43 lb-ft).
Re-tighten all 1/2 in. cap screws to 133 N·m (98 lb-ft).
7. Apply clean engine oil to new O-ring for bottom drain
plug and install drain plug, if removed. Tighten plug to
47 N·m (35 lb-ft).
Continued on next page