CAUTION: Explosive release of fluids from
pressurized cooling system can cause serious
burns. Wait until engine coolant is cool enough
to touch with bare hands before draining.
Slowly loosen radiator cap to first stop to
1. Open water pump and block drain valves to completely
Removing Aftercooler and Intake Manifold
drain engine coolant.
2. Thoroughly clean exterior of turbocharger (B), intake
C--Aneroid-to-Intake Manifold Connector
manifold and adjacent areas to prevent entry of dirt
D--Air Intake Cover Cap Screws
into the engine when parts are removed.
3. Remove turbocharger as described earlier in this
4. Loosen clamps (A) on inlet and outlet hose. Remove
coolant hoses from aftercooler.
5. Remove aneroid-to-intake manifold connector (C), if
6. Remove air intake cover cap screws (D).
Continued on next page