REMOVE AND DISASSEMBLE
1. Completely drain engine coolant from aftercooler.
2. Disconnect turbocharger oil inlet line (A) and return line
3. Remove four turbocharger-to-exhaust manifold cap
4. Remove coolant inlet and outlet hoses (C) from
A--Turbocharger Oil Inlet Line
B--Turbocharger Oil Return Line
C--Coolant Inlet and Outlet Hoses
5. Remove top three intake manifold cap screws (D).
D--Intake Manifold Cap Screws
Install guide studs at the three locations. Remove
remaining cap screws.
6. Remove intake manifold and aftercooler as an
7. Remove and discard intake manifold gaskets.
8. Remove turbocharger from aftercooler.
9. Install JDG683 Sealing Ring Compression Tool (A)
onto aftercooler coolant tubes with cross bar across
10. Remove intake manifold cover (B).
11. Remove JDG683 tool.
12. Remove aftercooler core from intake manifold.
13. Inspect aftercooler end seal and replace as needed.
14. Inspect and repair aftercooler. See INSPECT AND
REPAIR AFTERCOOLER (6081A ENGINES), as
described next in this group.
Removing Aftercooler Cover and Core