SERVICE INJECTION PUMP OVERFLOW
NOTE: Overflow valve can be serviced with injection
1. Remove leak-off line (A) from elbow (B). Remove
elbow from overflow valve assembly (C).
2. Remove valve assembly from pump.
Removing Injection Pump Overflow Valve
3. Remove reducer (A) and copper washer (B) from valve
body (C). Discard copper washer.
4. Unscrew for spring seat (D); then remove spring (E)
and valve (F).
5. Inspect for foreign material imbedded in seat of nylon
6. Check spring to see that it is not weak or broken.
7. Wash all parts in solvent and air dry.
Inspecting Injection Pump Overflow Valve
NOTE: There is no adjustment on valve to regulate
housing pressure. If suspected that valve is
malfunctioning, replace valve to restore proper
8. Reverse order of removal for reassembly of overflow
valve. Install new copper washers.