5. Install injection pump using moderate forward pressure
and slight rocking motion to work O-ring into mounting
Injection pump flange should seat solidly against
cylinder block and injection pump drive hub nut should
be positioned in I.D. of pump drive gear.
6. Install mounting stud nuts and tighten to 47 N·m
7. Carefully install drive gear on pump drive hub, position
Installing Pump Drive Gear
gear so mounting cap screws are approximately
centered in mounting slots. This will allow for minor
adjustment of pump timing, should the need arise.
8. Install four drive gear-to-pump hub cap screws and
tighten to 61 N·m (45 lb-ft) using a T45 TORX® adapter
9. Remove JDG886 Timing Pin (A) from injection pump
hub. Install timing hole plug using LOCTITE® 242
(TY9370) Thread Lock and Sealer, tighten plug
NOTE: Also remove timing pin from engine flywheel (if
10. Install injection pump drive gear cover using a new
gasket or O-ring. Tighten cap screws to 27 N·m
TORX is a trademark of Camcar/Textron
LOCTITE is a trademark of Loctite Corp.
Continued on next page