IMPORTANT: DO NOT move delivery valve fittings
while tightening line nuts. If delivery
valve and barrel housing rotates while
tightening a fuel line nut, injection
pump fuel delivery will be altered. The
injection pump will have to be
recalibrated on a test stand by an
authorized diesel repair station.
NOTE: Remove protective caps and plugs that were
installed on fuel system components during
injection pump removal.
Installing Lines (Bosch "P" Pump Shown)
11. Connect fuel delivery line nuts (A) to injection pump
delivery valve fittings using two wrenches as shown.
On Bosch "P" pumps, use JDE90 Serrated Wrench
(B) and JDF22 Crowsfoot Wrench (C). (On
Nippondenso "A" pumps, use JDF22 Crowsfoot
Wrench or equivalent to hold valve fittings.) Tighten
line nuts to 27 N·m (20 lb-ft).
IMPORTANT: Tighten all fuel system connections
securely to avoid leakage and air
12. Install fuel leak-off line assembly (E) onto pump
connectors and tighten all connections securely.
13. Connect fuel supply pump lines (F). Connect fuel inlet
14. Connect injection pump lube line (C) to cylinder block
15. Connect governor pigtail connectors (A) to wiring
Installing Injection Pump
16. Install engine oil filter (B).
A--Governor Pigtail Connectors
C--Injection Pump Lube Line
D--Fuel Inlet Line
E--Leak-off Line Assembly
F--Supply Pump Lines
Continued on next page