PERFORM NOZZLE SLIDE TEST
NOTE: DO NOT touch lapped surface (D) unless hands
are wet with diesel fuel.
1. Dip nozzle valve (A) in clean diesel fuel.
2. Insert valve in nozzle (B).
3. Hold nozzle vertical and pull valve out about one-third
of its engaged length.
4. Release valve. Valve should slide down (C) to its seat
by its own weight. Always replace a nozzle assembly if
the valve does not fall freely to its seat.
Performing Nozzle Slide Test
CLEAN SPRAY ORIFICES
1. Begin with cleaning wire (D) 0.07--0.10 mm (0.003--
0.004 in.) from JDF105 Nozzle Cleaning Kit.
NOTE: Stoning wire to provide a flat surface on one side
will help in reaming carbon from clogged hole.
2. Clamp cleaning wire in pin vise (A). Wire should not
protrude from vise more than 0.8 mm (1/32 in.).
3. Insert wire into orifice (C) and rotate.
Cleaning Nozzle Spray Orifices
4. For final cleaning, use cleaning wire 0.03 mm (0.01 in.)
smaller than orifice size. Follow previous steps until
orifices are clean of any carbon deposits.