9. Examine spring and shims for pitting or excessive
Replace as necessary.
NOTE: The edge-type filter is pressed into nozzle holder
and is not removable for service.
10. Clean filter by applying compressed air to nozzle
holder fuel passage (A) at nozzle end.
Inspecting Nozzle Spring and Shims
Cleaning Nozzle Filter
INSPECT GLAND NUT
1. Inspect nozzle holder gland nut for general condition;
be sure that it is not cracked or split.
2. Inspect M28 x 1.5 threads (A) for general condition.
Threads which are slightly nicked or damaged may be
Replace gland nut if unable to restore to a serviceable
Inspecting Nozzle Gland Nut
3. Check passage in leak-off connector to see that is
4. Blow through connector passage with compressed air.
Continued on next page