INSPECT AND CLEAN NOZZLE SEATING
1. Inspect nozzle seating surface for carbon deposits.
2. If seat is not clean, use the JDG609 Nozzle Seat
Reamer to remove carbon. Stop using tool when seat
3. Insert a 13 mm (1/2 in.) tapered hardwood dowel to
plug the nozzle tip bore.
4. Blow out debris from nozzle cavity with compressed
air; then remove wood dowel.
Cleaning Nozzle Seats in Head
1. Apply PT569 NEVER-SEEZ® Compound to gland nut
threads and nozzle barrel (arrows). Be sure that
NEVER-SEEZ® compound was also applied to inside
bore of gland nut during assembly.
NOTE: Applying NEVER-SEEZ® Compound at these
locations will help prevent possible seizure of
gland nut to holder body.
IMPORTANT: Do not intermix injection nozzles of
different suppliers or different tip sizes
within a single engine.
Preparing Nozzle for Installation
2. Install a new special steel washer (A) on tip end of
assembled injection nozzle.
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of Emhart Chemical Group.
Continued on next page