18. Remove protective caps and plugs, that were installed
during disassembly, from injection lines, nozzles, and
IMPORTANT: On Bosch "P" pumps, use JDE90
Serrated Wrench (B) to keep delivery
valve fittings stationary while tightening
fuel line nuts. If a delivery valve and
barrel housing rotates while tightening
a fuel line nut, injection pump fuel
delivery will be altered, and pump will
have to be recalibrated on a test stand.
(On Nippondenso "A" pumps, use
Connecting Injection Lines (Bosch "P" Pump Shown )
JDF22 Crowsfoot Wrench to avoid
A--Fuel Injection Line Nuts
turning valve fittings.)
B--JDE90 Serrated Wrench
C--JDF22 Crowsfoot Wrench
19. Install and connect injection line assembly at each
respective injection nozzle and delivery valve.
20. Tighten fuel injection line nozzle nuts (A) to 27 N·m
21. Tighten line nuts at delivery valves to 27 N·m
(20 lb-ft) as follows:
Use JD90 Serrated Wrench (B) and JDF22 Crowsfoot
Wrench (C) or a standard 3/4-in. line wrench on
Bosch "P" pumps.
Use JDF22 Crowsfoot Wrench and 22 mm open end
wrench on Nippondenso "A" pumps.
22. Bleed the fuel system. (See BLEED THE FUEL
SYSTEM, in Group 105 of CTM134.)