Electrical System and Electrical Engine Controls
REMOVE AND INSTALL ALTERNATOR
Transient Voltage Protector (TVP) to
protect the engine electronics. A regular
alternator without the TVP could cause
extensive damage to the electronics.
NOTE: For test and repair of alternator, refer to Electrical
system Repair chapter.
1. Disconnect battery ground (-) cable.
2. Disconnect positive (+) red wire (A) and regulator
the belt tensioner (C).
4. Remove mounting cap screws from bracket (D) and
5. Install alternator in reverse order.
6. Torque alternator mounting hardware as follows: Upper
cap screw nut: 27 N·m (20 lb-ft). Lower (bracket) cap
screw nut: 80 N·m (60 lb-ft).
NOTE: If alternator mounting bracket or strap are
removed and reinstalled, torque cap screws to 61
N·m (45 lb-ft).
7. Inspect alternator belt for cracks and wear. To adjust
belt tension, refer to operator's manual.