23. Inspect discharge valve for general condition. Valves
(A) should have slight pressure against valve plate.
24. Hold valve plate up to light and verify that valve is
against its seat. If condition is doubtful, replace valve
25. Inspect cylinders for scoring or excessive wear. If
cylinders are scored or damaged, replace
NOTE: Some cylinder scuffing (light scratches) is normal.
26. Inspect surfaces of clutch pulley (A) and clutch hub
(B). If pulley is more than 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) from flat,
replace pulley and clutch hub.
27. Rotate bearing in pulley. If pulley is rough or has
evidence of loss of lube, replace bearing.
28. Clean as necessary.
Continued on next page