13. Remove nuts (C) and cap screw (A).
14. Remove pin (D) using a slide hammer and adapter.
Remove any washers (B) between frame and boom.
15. Inspect bushings and dust seals. (See Inspect Arm
and Boom Pins and Bushings in this group.)
Repair or replace parts as necessary. (See Remove
and Install Bushings and Seals in this group.)
16. Install washer (B) equally on each side of boom to get
minimal amount of clearance between boom and
A--M20 Cap Screw
B--Shim (Washer) (As Required)
C--M20 Nut (2 used)
NOTE: There must be some clearance between boom
17. Before installing pin (D), align pin bores so as not to
damage dust seal when pins are installed.
Tighten nuts (C) against each other, not the retainer.
Cap screw (A) must be free to turn in hole.
Boom-to-Frame Pin M20 Cap Screw Nut--Specification
Torque ..................................................... 540 N·m (400 lb-ft) tighten nuts
against each other, not the
Continued on next page