HYDRAULIC PUMP AND SPLITTER DRIVE
IMPORTANT: Hydraulic pump will be damaged if not
filled with oil before starting engine.
Procedure must be performed whenever
a new hydraulic pump is installed or oil
has been drained from the pump or
hydraulic oil tank.
Procedure is to ensure the pumps are filled with oil and
air is bled from suction side of pumps to prevent
A--Air Bleed Plug (2 used)
1. Add oil until it is between marks on hydraulic oil tank
sight glass. (See Hydraulic Oil in Group 0004.)
2. Remove air bleed plugs (A) from top of pump
regulators to allow housing to fill with oil from hydraulic
oil tank and let air escape.
3. When pump housing is full of oil, install plugs.
4. Check oil level in hydraulic oil tank. Add oil as
necessary. Tighten hydraulic oil tank cap. Tighten vent
5. Remove plastic cap from fill plug (A). Remove fill plug.
6. Fill pump and splitter drive with oil through filler pipe so
oil level is approximately halfway between "H" (level)
mark and end of dipstick. (See Diesel Engine and
7. Start engine and run at slow idle. Slowly raise boom to
full height and then lower to pressurize hydraulic oil
8. Purge air from hydraulic system by slowly operating
each function through three cycles. Air in pilot circuits
is purged automatically.