UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 330LCR
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(4) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(5) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle and turn key
switch to OFF. Remove key from switch.
(6) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(7) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
WARNING: High-pressure release of fluids
from pressurized system can cause serious
burns. Wait for propel gearbox oil to cool.
Keep body and face away from check plug.
Gradually loosen check plug to release
(8) After propel gearbox has cooled, slowly loosen
check plug (B) to release pressure.
(9) Remove check plug (B). Oil must be to bottom
(10) If necessary, remove fill plug (A).
(11) Add oil until oil flows out of level check plug
(12) Wrap threads of check plug and fill plug with
sealing-type tape. Install plugs. Tighten plugs
to 49 N·m (430 lb-in.).
(13) Change oil of second propel gearbox.