3. Clean seals to be reused by removing all foreign
material from seal rings, except seal face (A), using a
scraper or a stiff bristled fiber brush.
4. Wash seal rings and O-rings using a non-petroleum
base solvent to remove all oil. Thoroughly dry parts
using a lint-free tissue.
5. Apply a thin film of oil to seal ring face. Using tape, put
face of seal rings together to protect surfaces.
DISASSEMBLE AND ASSEMBLE FIRST AND
SECOND PLANET CARRIERS
NOTE: Disassembly and assembly of first and second
planet carriers is the same. Keep parts for each
planet carrier together.
1. Replace parts (A--G) as necessary.
2. Install thrust plates (D) so oil grooves are toward
planet gear (C).
First Planet Carrier
B--Pin (3 used)
C--Planet Gear (3 used)
D--Thrust Plate (6 used)
E--Needle Bearing (3 used)
Continued on next page