This Task Covers:
d. Follow-On Maintenance
TM or Para
Vehicle positioned on level
Tools and Special Tools
Parking brake applied.
Engine shut OFF.
Electrical master switch OFF.
"Do Not Operate" tag attached
to ignition switch.
Hood raised (as required).
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Estimated Time to Complete
FO-3, Electrical schematic
Inspect wiring harnesses for the following defects:
· Loose or broken wires
· Water damage
· Damaged insulation
· Faulty or loose connectors
· Evidence of overheating
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel may occur.
· Remove cable clamps or mounting hardware as required.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before removal.
· Remove cable ties as required.
· To gain access to harnesses, some components may need to be removed.
· Ensure all wires are disconnected and cleared before removal.
· All harnesses are removed and installed the same way.
Disconnect connectors or plugs, as required.
Remove harness from vehicle.