Fuel Injection Pump, Rotary (005-014)
B3.9 and B5.9 Series Engines
Section 5 - Fuel System - Group 05
The Stanadyne DB4 shutdown solenoid is located under
the governor cover.
Both 12-VDC and 24-VDC energize-to-run and energize-
Rotary Distributor Type Fuel Injection Pumps
Bosch VE, Lucas CAV DPA and Stanadyne DB4
· Disconnect the fuel drain manifold. Refer to Proce-
· Remove the injection pump supply line. Refer to
· Remove the high-pressure lines. Refer to Procedure
· Disconnect the electrical wire to the fuel shutoff
valve. Refer to Procedure 005-043.
· Remove the fuel air control tube, if used. Refer to
Do not remove the control lever. The fuel control lever
on the Bosch VE fuel injection pump is indexed to the
removed and reinstalled incorrectly, engine speed and
power will be affected.
Disconnect all control linkage. Refer to OEM service
Remove the pump support bracket.